The Heritage District Lay Servant Ministry Team will hold one class in January and one class in February. If you sign up AND attend BOTH classes you will receive a package deal for the registration fees.
January 22nd – The Basic Course will be offered virtually.
This is an overview course that provides helpful background for all laypersons in service in the church and community. It is also required for all who pursue recognition in Lay Servant Ministries. The Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course is a foundational course designed to equip new church leaders and renew current leaders in The United Methodist Church. It explores
- personal spiritual gifts
- servant leadership
- each leader’s role in developing future leaders
- the importance of consistent spiritual practices
- the core ministries of Leading, Caring, and Communicating
February 5th – Transforming Evangelism will be offered virtually.
Reaching out to non-believers and searching people is mistakenly felt to be solely left up to the clergy of the church. John Wesley’s approach was to relate to other persons in love, compassion, and gratitude for God’s divine grace. This course explores Wesley’s view and what it means for all laypersons.
- Explore the context of evangelism, the role of the congregation and the relationship of hospitality to evangelism
- Explore the biblical models of evangelism
- Identify and reflect on faith stories
- Discuss theological principles related to the ways people come to faith
- Explore ways in which the church can support families as centers of faith development
Classes are $15 for one class and $25 for both.
Registration for Basic Class is Closed.
Registration deadline for Transforming Evangelism class is 01.31.2022.
Registration for BOTH is Closed.
Once you register for your choice you will receive your pre-work information and
you will receive your ZOOM link prior to your class date.
Please call or email the District Office with any questions about registration:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.779.9435
If you have any questions about the course, you are invited to contact
District Directors of Lay Servant Ministries
Ken Ripley at email@example.com or 252.314.5731