Our 2018 Heritage District Leadership Training Workshops will be held on Sunday, Feb. 11 at Louisburg UMC, 402 N. Main St., Louisburg, 3—5 pm. We will begin with a brief time of worship before proceeding to classrooms. The following workshops will be offered:
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES facilitated by Anna Workman. This workshop will provide training for Trustees chairpersons and/or committee members (new or returning).
- COMMITTEE ON FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION facilitator Christine Dodson, Conference Treasurer. This workshop will provide training for Finance chairpersons and/or committee members (new or returning).
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT facilitated by Julia Alliger (pastor of Cokesbury UMC), Susan Harrison (pastor of the Milwaukee Charge), and David Joyner (pastor of Red Oak & Bethlehem UMCs). This workshop will focus on missional engagement in the community surrounding the church, new ways of assessing and determining missional needs. Facilitators will share new methods used in addressing the missional needs of their surrounding communities, their successes and challenges, and funding sources for these ministries. Persons who will benefit include pastors, mission coordinators, and lay leaders.
- YOUTH MINISTRIES—MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID facilitated by Lynn Bundy, a trained health professional and wife of Dave Bundy, pastor of Bunn-Hill King UMCs. This workshop will address an important issue every youth worker should be familiarized with. Youth Coordinators and Youth Workers are encouraged to attend.
- COSROW—Committee on Status & Role of Women workshop, facilitated by Hannah McManus, pastor of Wakefield UMC. This workshop will familiarize participants with the ministry of our denomination’s General Conference on Committee on the Status and Role of Women. All persons interested in women’s advocacy are encouraged to attend.
- STAFF/PASTOR-PARISH RELATIONS COMMITTEE (S/PPRC) facilitated by Randy Innes, Heritage District Superintendent. If you are new or returning chairperson or member of your church’s S/PPRC, you should benefit from this overview of the ministry of this vital ministry of every United Methodist Church.
There is no registration fee, but please register to help for efficient planning. Refreshments/Snacks will be served.